Monday, November 19, 2012

Joyce Leiphon $20,000 Thanksgiving gift

As we embark on another Thanksgiving season, I wanted to write about what we did while I was a member of Light of the World Church each November.

It's the annual "Money Cometh to Me" conference held in Darrow, LA at Dr Leroy Thompson's church. We'd be asked to start seed sowing (MONEY) for her expenses and to sow (give till it hurts) as much for this week long love fest of material riches.

Joyce Leiphon as usual will go to this conference as she does each year to sow into her man of god. She will go and bring a money offering each day for the 5 day conference, at two meetings each day she'll have to bring some major cash with her on this trip.

I remember being asked one year what Light of the World did for the poor and needy in Ft Pierce, how many families did we help feed. Unfortunately, my answer was.....NONE! But I can tell you, when Joyce Leiphon came back from Dr Thompson's fund raising show, she did tell us she gave $20,000.00 to Dr Thompson and we should be striving to be like her. Of course that meant we were to give her the money directly.

Now that's a $20,000 turkey. How many families could that have helped in Ft Pierce? We'll never know, but one thing for sure this Thanksgiving, I'm giving thanks that I'm not part of this ponzi scheme and not part of Light of the World Church.

4 comments:

  1. Before reading the above post I had asked the LORD what do you want me to write about. I believe it should be about the LOVE of God. So here goes.
    Eph 1:7 "In him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.
    So my question by giving someone $20,000 who truly does not need the money are you sharing the LOVE of God. James 2:5-7 " Listen my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which HE promised to those who love HIM? but you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts. Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called.

    I hope and pray you will read the rest of the chapter matter of fact I pray you will seek the will of God for you life for your self. Not what some preacher tells you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two comments to make the one above that I posted and this one. It also is about Eph 1:7 this is from the book "my utmost for His highest"
    beware of the pleasant view of the Fatherhood of God. God is so kind and loving that of course He will forgive us. That sentiment has no place whatever in the New Testament. The only ground of which God can forgive is the tremendous tragedy of the Cross of Christ; to put forgiveness on any other ground is unconscious blasphemy. The only ground on which God can forgive sin and reinstate us in His favor is through the Cross of Christ and in no other way. Forgiveness which is so easy for us to accept, cost the agony of Calvary. It is possible to take the forgiveness of sin, the gift of the Holy Spirit, and our sanctification with the simplicity of faith and to forget at what enormous cost to God it was all made ours. Forgiveness is the divine miracle of grace; it cost God the Cross of Jesus Christ before He could forgive sin and remain a holy God. Never accept view of the Fatherhood of God if it blots out the Atonement. the revelation of God is that He cannot forgive; He would contradict His nature if He did. the only way we can be forgiven is by being brought back to God by the Atonement. God's forgiveness is only natural in the supernatural domain.
    Compared with the miracle of the forgiveness of sin, the experience of sanctification is slight. Sanctification is simply the marvelous expression of the forgiveness of sins in a human life but the thing that awakens the deepest well of gratitude in the human being is that God has forgiven sin. Paul never got away from this When once you realize all that it cost God to forgive you you will be held as in a vice, constrained by the love of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John 17:4 I really like what the book " My Utmost for His Highest" says concerning this verse of scripture. I am just writing a summary
    It is finished the last words of Jesus on the Cross.

    Jesus Christ hates the wrong in man and Calvary is the estimate of His hatred. I wonder how many googled the Medical aspects of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

    The Wrath of God was poured out on Jesus Christ our LORD and Savior the wrath that all humans deserve. I hope you will go check it out. I do believe after reading the horrible crucifixion you would maybe better understand the Love of God. I know I think I have a better understanding. How could anyone ever say they have attained righteousness. It just blows my mind. In fear and trembling I worship the one HOLY God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ the one who raised Jesus from the dead

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does this pastor have going on with LeeeeeeeeeeeeeRoy?

    ReplyDelete